WATER! We are all about water: capturing it, storing it and letting it flow into our landscapes!
Rainscape Designs provides water saving landscape designs and education on how to collect and store rain or grey water in the landscape, with designs to capture water, build healthy soil, and conserve our water resources with climate appropriate plants (that also provide habitat for wildlife) while reducing pollution and runoff into our oceans, rivers and streams.
Renee is leading the Save Our Water, Ojai! Campaign for the Ojai Valley Green Coalition to promote drought resilient landscaping. Renee has been a leader in educating and designing environmentally sustainable projects for over eight years that protect the water resources of the Ventura River watershed. She is particularly adept at managing projects that bring people together to educate our community and strengthen our connection between natural spaces and the urban environment. She has a B.S. from the U of O and an A.S. degree in Environmental Horticulture from Sant Barbara C.C.
Below video, a project I worked on with Jeff Adams to create an Ocean Friendly Garden in Santa Barbara.
Education and Training
- Associate Degree in Environmental Horticulture from SBCC, with a focus on Waterscape Design
- Teacher of California Friendly Landscape Training (CFLT) classes in SO Cal for G3
- Lead class and hands on workshops on Ocean Friendly Garden (OFG) – Site Evaluation, Site Preparation and Installation using climate appropriate (low water using) plants and irrigation.
- Watershed Management Group Apprenticeship Training August 15, 2012 through August 24, 2012 in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Fall 2012 – Applied Watershed Restoration Techniques and Introduction to Keyline Design– Quail Springs (follow link to 2013 coarse Applied Watershed Restoration Techniqueswith Craig Sponholtz of Dryland Solutions, Inc.)
- Fall 2012 – Permaculture Design Coarse- Quail Springs with Warren Brush
- G3 – Green Gardens GroupCertified Trainer qualification in 2010
email me at Renee@rainscapedesigns.com